HSE & Permit Officer in Arnhem
- HSE & Permit Officer
First things first! It is important that you are willing to move to Arnhem. Elestor is a renowned company and is willing to help you with a work visa. If you are not willing to move, we ask you not to apply.
As HSE & Permit Officer, you will find yourself in a front-end and pioneering environment where you will go where no one has before. You will be dealing with HSE aspects in a genuinely innovative field, working on a new class of large-scale process installations for energy storage. As HSE & Permit Officer,you are ultimately responsible for owning all permit-related matters and strengthening Elestor's safety culture by leading HSE compliance and improvement programs.
The HSE & Permit Officer improves Elestor's safe working methods by implementing industry best practices across the company (test- and large-scale installations, laboratory, and production). You will formulate, instruct, educate, and ensure everything involving safety (e.g., tools, personal protective equipment, procedures) is managed.
Elestor's HSE & Permit Officer is connected with every corner of the organization. But you report to the Team Leader of Systems Engineering.
- Train staff for HSE-related matters
- Coordinate the Elestor HSE team to develop and implement the HSE improvement agenda and procedures
- Lead risk assessments with expert advice on HSE matters
- Responsbile for timely implementation of permit related actions (e.g., applications, safety studies (QRA, ATEX), documentations, compliance)
- Support to Elestor clients for HSE and permit-related matters
- Coordinate standardization of PPE and Emergency Response across all areas (installations, laboratory, production)
- Coordinate internal Near Miss & Incident reporting and follow-up
- Lead incident investigations (personal and process safety)
The ideal candidate is organizationally sensitive and can work with a broad range of experts (scientists, engineers, technicians, operators). You thrive effortlessly in the
Elestor culture (positive mindset, agile, and proactive) but are uncompromisable in personal and process safety. Our new HSE & Permit Officer combines good interpersonal communication skills, tact, and persistence to implement (long-duration)continuous improvement programs. You lead by example, and it's your ambition to bring Elestor to a world-class level for Health, Safety, and Environment!
- Minimum of 5 working experience implementing HSE policies in a company working with chemicals or industrial gases
- Or 5 years of relevant working experience in a comparable industry (with high norms regarding safety)
- Thorough understanding of scope and application procedures regarding the environmental permits as well as permitting procedures in other countries
- Experience working with BRZO / Seveso III framework
- Experience with ATEX
- Fluent in Dutch (written) and English (oral, written)
- BSc. or MSc. in environment studies, chemistry or chemical/process engineering is a plus
- MVK or HVK certification is a big plus
- Experience leading internal audits
- Experience leading incident investigations
- Experience with (and trained at) emergency response and BHV
- Experience with HSE in laboratory or manufacturingenvironment
- Experience with QRA risk modelling
Elestor has a flat management structure and offers many opportunities to excel and grow. The role of HSE & Permit Officer provides the opportunity to deepen your skills and challenge your abilities to lead and deal with true ownership. For those who are motivated, there are plenty of opportunities within the growing Elestor organization (e.g., Compliance Officer, Project Manager, HSE Team Leader).
- An excellent salary based on age and experience
- An open, action-oriented and exciting working environment in a diverse and international team of highly skilled professionals
- You get a challenging and valuable job where you experience all the freedom you need!
- A workplace at an inspiring hotspot of innovative companies with great people!
Terms of employment are competitive and include participation in a Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) program. When we succeed, we all benefit. Especially in caring for what we share the most: a healthy planet!
Herken jij jezelf in dit profiel? En lijkt werken bij Werken op IPKW je een mooie stap? Solliciteer dan meteen.