Software Engineer in Arnhem
- Software Engineer
First things first! It is important that you are willing to move to Arnhem. Elestor is a renowned company and is willing to help you with a work visa. If you are not willing to move, we ask you not to apply.
As Software Engineer, you actively contribute to various industrial automation projects in which you will encounter challenges in a hands-on working and learning position. Your ultimate responsibility is maintaining and troubleshooting software modules with additional activities like designing software modules to automate tasks (e.g., PCBs and embedded circuits). Elestor's Software Engineer focuses on a range of small-scale (prototype) to large-scale (customer) projects in a company that's building a whole new class of assets for (long-duration) energy storage.
It's an opportunity for curious individuals with the desire (need!) to be in the middle of innovation and have an innate drive to contribute to the energy transition.
You will be part of the Electrical & Automation (E&A) team and report to the Team Leader of E&A. The growth of the Elestor organization enables several development trajectories in which you can learn and accumulate ownership. For example, becoming a software automation expert in Elestor's flow battery - a solution that must and will be deployed massively in the very near future! Besides that, you will get the following responsibilities:
- Prepare and participate in the commissioning of automation systems
- Schedule, maintain, and troubleshoot various automation software
- Prepare Human Machine Interfaces and monitoring dashboards
- Maintain and backup databases Challenge the status quo and contribute to 21st-century engineering ways of working
Elestor is looking for an all-round software engineer willing to learn, design and troubleshoot (a combination of thinking and doing). You are proactive and pragmatic in your behavior (and communication) and not afraid to challenge the status quo. Taking ownership of various assignments at once (while running multiple projects simultaneously) fits your ability to plan and execute accordingly. In addition, striving for ownership and slowly taking over responsibilities provides you with a lot of motivation (and energy)! Do you meet the profile below?
- Vocational (MBO) or higher vocational (HBO) education in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in software engineering
- Expertise in following aspects:
- Experience in making dashboard and user interfaces
- Familiar with Linux OS
- Time series databases
- HTML and CSS are nice-to-haves
- Solid understanding of PLC programming, HMI, and SCADA (Siemens TIA portal)
- Experience within an industrial setting with tasks and responsibilities related to commissioning and troubleshooting
- Fluent in English
- Experience with working in an international company or international experience is a plus
- An entrepreneurial mindset
Elestor has been recognized as 1 of the 10 most innovative companies in the Netherlands by both the University of Amsterdam and the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
Elestor offers an open, action-oriented and exciting working environment in a diverse and international team of highly skilled professionals. We have a flat management structure and offer many opportunities to excel and grow. Terms of employment are competitive and include participation in a Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) program. When we succeed, we all benefit.
Elestor is an equal opportunities employer. We believe diversity aids creativity and innovation, so whatever your race, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability, you are welcome to join our ranks! We actively promote inclusion and we abhor discrimination. We treat all our employees, contractors, workers, job applicants, suppliers, clients and everyone else with respect.
Herken jij jezelf in dit profiel? En lijkt werken bij Werken op IPKW je een mooie stap? Solliciteer dan meteen.